You don’t need the excuse of spring cleaning to refresh your AromaTru essential oil diffuser. Why? Because it’s so simple you can clean it up any time of year! For essential oil best results, it’s recommended that you clean your diffuser every 1-3 months. This guide will share everything you need to know about how to clean your essential oil diffuser.
How Do Essential Oil Diffusers Work?
But first, let’s look at why it’s important to keep your essential oil diffuser clean.
As a waterless essential oil diffuser, your AromaTru will have far fewer maintenance requirements than standard ultrasonic diffusers. But, it will still require some occasional TLC to keep it operating optimally.
The waterless atomizing diffusion system works by having an internal air pump create a vacuum. This vacuum moves the oil from the oil bottle into an air stream, all while atomizing the oil into ultra-fine oil vapor particles. Then, that ultra-fine mist is delivered into your home. So that the purest essential oil particles can make their way through the atomizer, regular maintenance (cleaning) is recommended.
Cleaning Your Essential Oil Diffuser
Cleaning your AromaTru is almost as easy as using its carousel to diffuse your curated essential oil blend! Even better, each device includes the AromaTru Cleaning Solution.
Here’s what you can expect as far as maintenance goes:
- Attach the Cleaning Solution to the atomizer. You can attach it just like you would an essential oil bottle
- Use the control panel to prepare the device for cleaning. You’ll want to set the Diffuse for button for 20 seconds and the Diffuse every button for 5 seconds.
- Let the Cleaning Solution run. Set a timer for 5 minutes, and let the cleaning solution run through the settings you just selected.
- Repeat for each atomizer. Repeat steps 1-3 for each of the four atomizers.
- Replace the Cleaning Solution with oils. After they’ve all been cleaned, the atomizers are ready for essential oils and normal use.
As we previously mentioned, the Cleaning Solution should be used every 1-3 months, or as needed. If you use more viscous essential oils (i.e., sandalwood, patchouli, and vetiver), your diffuser might require cleaning every month so that the atomizers don’t get clogged. The cleaning solution may also be used for the diffuser’s external surfaces.
Pure Fragrance and Problem-Free Maintenance
In just over 20 minutes, your AromaTru can be cleaned. Unlike other diffusion systems, you’ll never have to worry about water or a sticky mess. We’re here to help you make your home as peaceful, inviting, and stressfree as possible, which is why our Smart Sense technology detects exactly which AromaTru essential oils are inserted, our app makes scent curation easy, and our Cleaning Solution simplifies the cleaning process.